No School means Kids are home today. But it will be a relaxing day. The hubby actually has today off, not because it's a holiday but it just so happens it coincides with his day off.
This was a week of Political Jibberish in my house.. Now the views that are about to be expressed are my own thoughts and personal views that stemmed from a week of watching the Democratic Conventions and now the introduction of our own Governor Sarah Palin as McCain's VP running mate.. I am not a very political person.. in fact, it's the least of my favorite subjects. I hear the word politics and I run.. It's like that clip on House Bunny where she's on a date and he asks her, "So who are you going to vote for?" and she says, "Well, I always agree with Paula and Randy, I barely listen to what Simon says.. That would be me..
So what started this rash of odd behavior and strong sense that my teeny-tiny vote could make a difference? Well, it has never seemed so apparent as it does now.. that this year is the time of change. This election is by far reaching more people and more importantly to the younger crowds, the crowd that never had a political bone in their body! .. Maybe it is because this is the first time America has faced a presidential candidate of color.. or the fact that we could, for the first time in history, have a woman as Vice President! Now don't you want to be a part of that history? I do!
I did write a bit more about my personal politcal views, but I know it would end up being like a novel or some horrid short story, so to spare you the skimming I wrote the rest of it on a new PAGE. As I read more about our Presidential candidates I know I will have more to add.
Let's recap shall we?
- It was Hubby's Birthday on the 25th. His spanking new present has yet to arrive in our house in the form of a 46" flat screen tv:) Soon baby... soon! He had to work that day so we didn't do much. But we can always celebrate anyday!
- We celebrated Logan's (Erica's Hubby) Birthday which fell a few days after Rudy's at Ichiban. I've never been there before and I must say I was quite impressed. It was good!
- We drove to Wasilla and visited some of their Local Scrapbook Stores out there where I spent more than I should have and enjoyed some lunch at Chilis.
- I've been spending some time in my Scrap/Computer Room enjoying the "quiet" of having this house to myself! I've been trying to finish some old photos from when we first moved here back in 2004/2005. Nothing like multi-page photos to finish the job. (This was back in May 2005)
- My hubby and my oldest went Paintballing again this week, they had so much fun!
Well the first week of school for Isabel has been really good. She really enjoys it. I am still adjusting at waking up every morning at 545 to start our day. (My oldest starts school so much earlier!) By the time dinner rolls around I am as tired as can be. Let's see what this week brings! I'm sure I will fill you guys in:) Enjoy your Monday off!