...when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away.
It's become like the unspoken omen around here. No one wants to say it. Everyone is still hanging on to the anticipation that summer is not quite over... We turn away from the fireweeds that are slowly lingering away or the leaves that are starting to turn. And even if we have come to terms with the "end" of what was a beautiful summer. We are all quite content to have had a summer at all.
So, while like the rest of the world is experiencing a "heat wave", our sunshine has left the building, more like the entire state! I have seen nothin' but clouds, grey, and rain and that oh so "dreary" (aka, let's stay in our PJ's unless we have to go out, feeling). It's not very invigorating or uplifting, but it is what it is.
Izzy has been sick for a few days...not fun.
The boys have been... quite good, honestly. (Maybe it's because daddys back home from his short TDY to Maryland).
And me... well I've been:
- taking it easy, my body felt weak after several nights of staying up with Izzy and her coughing
- enjoying McDonald's vanilla cones with Ethan, 2 for $1.00, why would I just buy one?
- taking a break from reading (see below)
- more in a scrapbooking mood
- ...and Supernatural-watching mood, I am already on Season 4 (hanging my head down, I know, once I get started on something, I gotta keep going)
- enjoying way too much Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Suite Life...(lovin the new episodes on Fridays, did you all catch the 4 part saga to "Vampires in Waverly Place.. hilarious)
- back to school shopping, with three kids who happen to have a mind of their own and apparently their own sense of style, makes this more challenging! My "high-schooler" just has to have American Eagle or Nike Stuff, evidently he is so over, the "Skater" look, which he claims was so middle school'ish.
Back to scrappin', I've been working on finishing up an album of photos from when my in laws were in town. Glad to say, it is almost done! But also have been creating some layouts for the store.
Using the Basic Grey June Bug