adieu, adios, bye-bye, cheerio, ciao, godspeed, leave-taking, parting, so long, swan song, toodle-oo...
I know everyone is on the same boat when I say.. "Where did 2010 go?"
Wherever you are in life.. I hope 2010 was filled with lots of happiness, great memories, unforgettable life experiences.. and most of all LOVE.
I'm taking this moment to reflect.. which I do every year, on what 2010 brought to my life and what I look forward to in 2011.
- Looking back, I see that I was still busier than ever. That is to be expected, of a mother of 3 and a wife to a very busy Airman whose job requires most of his time, and all the meanwhile trying to maintain my own business along with some sanity. Very difficult to balance.
- I lost a steady job that I loved in February.. who knew that when I lost that job, my creativity went with it. I didn't pick up my scrapbook materials till a few weeks ago, doing my December Daily. I did miss it, but I loved being home most. I have to say, it's been one of the best year ever.. being able to be home with my children. Lots of struggles along the way, financially with so many unexpected moments, which put a stunt in many areas of our lives especially the holidays... but we make due with what we have... and push through.
- We got news of being here for four more years... (and yes, we are still excited about that) despite these long winter nights.
- We welcomed Kai into our lives... best moment ever!!! We, err, I love him to bits!!! I never thought in my life, I could love an animal this much... I never grew up with one, never wanted one, and afraid of them really... till we got one.. now I melt whenever I see him or any puppy :)
- Did a couple 5K's.. Hard to believe I even attempted. I haven't been on the running scene consistently.. but I do miss it and will try my damnest to incorporate it into my daily life in 2011.
- Summer comes early for us, starts in May... and I feel like we made the most of it.. we did tons of hiking adventures, camping, fishing, and more fishing, cabin with the Newbys, Kenai with The Pepins, sat outdoors with my book, went on walks every single day, potty trained the puppy, and enjoyed being home with my amazing kids.
- Tons, Tons, Tons of photoshoots... wow we really booked over the summer.. more like over booked.
- Fall came in the blink of an eye.. the weather got colder, the kids are gearing up for school again, change of work schedule for hubby who started a day job, for the first time in years! And I'm back to being home, alone, with no kids ...
- Winter.. upon us... feeling blessed over the holidays. Ready for a new year. Ready to make some changes. And hopeful for another blessed year!
I will be ringing in the new year with the family.. hanging out at home. We may go check out downtown since it looks like the weather will be a tad warmer. But for the most part we will enjoy a nice evening at home. I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve Celebration.