Oh look it's been over a week since I last posted.
What can I say, trying to find my way back.. took quite a bit out of me :) and required time away from the computer. There are times when I'm stuck in front of the computer (pinterest and facebook) and there are times when I just don't want to come downstairs to turn on the computer. Hence, my absence.. and yet there is so much to write, to say, to capture...Hard to go over everything in one post so I'm sure my upcoming posts will be random and sporadic.
So what I've been up to?
- running & training. I've committed myself to two half marathons, first one is in May.. and although our outdoor situation sucks... I'm still doing it. Lately it's been warmer (anything past 10 degrees is warmer) and they've paved the sidewalks okay. I'm doing a new training program through Runners World, where I'm adding some Speed Training and Tempo Training.. and I've signed up with the Anchorage Running Club. All of this in hopes that I not only survive 13.1 miles, twice.. but try and beat last years time of 2:20, my goal is 2:10-2:15 cross my fingers.. I have to say week one of training.. sucks eggs. But week two left me on cloud 9. Baby steps is what I keep telling myself.
- #febphotoaday. I love this challenge. I bombed the month of January but I'm hoping I can redeem myself for February, considering I'm behind a few days.. Love these little challenges because it's convenient, on your iPhone thru instagram, both of which is always handy.
- lacking photos for Project Life. I knew there would come a day when I would only take one or two photos for the rest of the week.. that time came last week, Week 7 of Project life.. so I'm sitting here thinking what the heck am I gonna write about?
- thinking and being a grown up and making grown up decisions. Our family will be going through some big changes in the next few weeks/months in an effort to be there for my mom. The military allows families to be closer to their immediate families in times of need. It's just so hard to pick up and leave, thinking about it, puts this heavy feeling in my heart, witnessing my children's reaction to such news, breaks my heart every single time I think about it.
- becoming a dance mama. This past Sunday, Izzy had this dance competition and the process itself, completely blew my mind. Just the crazy day was enough to make me say "whatta-what?" It's really that intense. But at the end of the night her dance Studio walked away with some prestigious awards!!! And I'm not saying this because I'm completely bias or anything, but Studio 49 kicked some serious butt out there! (again, not bias at all).
- listening. To my kids and overall trying to be there. Change is hard on everyone, every time I think about it, I cringe.. but I've been keeping my ears open and its amazing what they say when you do. I could write a post about my son's post (he started a blog) and it moved me to tears and laughter all at the same time. I am completely impressed at not only his writing but his understanding of this thing called life. I always said, when he was little, it was like he was a little kid with an old soul.. so much wisdom for such a young age.
- spending time. Trying to make it outside of my house, to be with my girlfriends and husband, to just be... It's been nice.
- reading. I'm currently reading Discovery of Witches. For me it was a slow start, one that I was like "when is it gonna get juicy.." and now (middle of the book) it's going pretty quick.
- breaking ice. The weather has been on the warmer side, which makes way for melting rooftops, that turn into icicles, that melt to my driveway and front door, causing a slippery havoc on us.. so every day, twice I day, I'm salting, pounding the ice, and shoveling them off our driveway so that we don't break our necks walking out of our house.
Proud Dance Mama and her Lil' Diva.. shaking her boo-tay :)